One of our friend suggested to visit Lake Tahoe which is 2 hour drive from Roseville, California.
The sky is blue, so the lake
with snow capped mountain
fragrance filled pine trees
refreshes our eyes and mind.
- Hiking in the emerald bay
- Gondola ride.
- light blue green - Very shallow (Boat speed should be less than 5 mph)
- mild blue and
- deep blue - water level is deep - better to go faster than 15 mph.
Our super thrilling experience started when we were in middle of the lake. We took turn to drive the boat. But most of the time the crew member was the one who was driving as we had to return in an hour's time. To return within the specified time, he rode the boat at 30 mph. The cold splash of water hitting on our face enthused us. Wow! What a moment!
Spotted Eagle falls from Emerald Bay. The different shades of blues, teals, turquoise, greens, and emerald colors in the lake were ravishing. In Emerald bay lies a small island called Fannette Island with the tea house built on it. The stone structure on the island which resembles miniature castle is the "Tea House". This island is accessible only through boat, kayak or canoe. It is closed for public now. It is believed that the queen would travel to this island by boat to have a tea along with her guests. On the head of the Emerald Bay lies a castle by name Vikingsholm Castle.
Spent some time relaxing near the lake seeing the clear blue corals, the rumbling of the waves and the bubbling froth, all looked heavenly.
- If you are planning to visit the Lake Tahoe, better to book cruise on-line at least a day before so as not to get disappointed to find the tickets not available. Reference site http://www.zephyrcove.com/tahoequeen.aspx.
- If you are planning to go for Gondola ride make sure to stop at observation desk and have a eye catching view
- Always have a jacket handy. Weather here may change suddenly.
- Do not forget to wear a comfy shoe if you are planning to do hiking at Emerald bay.
- Start early to Lake Tahoe so that you can enjoy to the fullest extent possible.
- If you are planning to hire a boat and new to driving speed boat, it is not easy task to cover Emerald Bay within an hour. One has to drive at 25-30 mph and should have good knowledge of the direction. People in the front desk say that we can cover it in an hour. But it is only for the experienced people and not for novice.
- The speed boat may work out cheap if you are in group of 7 or 8 members.